2017 New Mexico State Championship NASP Tournament
Registration: Jan. 4 – Feb. 10, 2017. Registration fee: $10 per shooter.
National Tournament: Date TBD, Kentucky Exposition Center, Louisville
Tournament Rules and Information
- NASP students only are eligible (student must be a participant of an in-school curriculum lasting 2–8 weeks).
- Teams may consist of 12–24 archers which must include no fewer than four of one gender.
- Competitions will consist of teams from three divisions: Elementary (fourth–fifth); Middle (sixth, seventh and eighth); and High school (ninth–twelfth).
- Teams with qualifying scores* will be eligible to attend the National Tournament in Kentucky Exposition.
The team score equals the sum of the top 12 archers, which must include no fewer than four of one gender.
* Qualifying scores for each division are based upon Tier Day registration. Information will be available later this month on the National Tournament’s registration page.
- First-place team in each division qualifies for the National Tournament, regardless of team score.
- Every registered coach for each team must be BAI (Basic Archery Instructor) certified.
- Coaches / teachers are encouraged to include alternate team-members to ensure adequate team size on the tournament date.
- Coaches / teachers must provide a cellular telephone number for the coach or teacher of the team.
- Lunch will not be provided. Food vendors will be available. Teams are allowed to bring food or leave for the event for lunch.
For more information about the National Archery in the Schools Program and the state and national tournaments, please visit: http://naspschools.org or contact the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish.