Event Dates Announced:
Day 1: Feb 15 @ 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Day 2: Feb 16 @ 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Day 3: Feb 17 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Free admission for licensed New Mexico hunters and anglers. Youths 17 and younger free. Non-licensed adults $3.00.
- Hands-on demonstrations of the latest equipment for hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation.
- Free fishing derby held daily.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse Outdoor Skills Room with fly-casting and fishing instruction, archery, pellet gun and OHV simulator.
- Latest OHVs, RVs, Boats, Kayaks on display by local dealers.
- Conservation organizations, outfitters and guides available to answer questions.
Anglers can fish for free in New Mexico on Saturday, June 1, as the state celebrates National Boating and Fishing Week.
Anyone can fish for free in public fishing waters throughout the state Saturday, June 1, but everyone must observe bag limits and all other rules and regulations. For more information, please visit www.wildlife.state.nm.us.
For information about where to fish and what to use, consult the department’s weekly fishing and stocking report. Maps of public fishing waters, lists of where to find family-friendly fishing and tips on how to fish also can be found on the department website.
The 18th Annual Dragonfly Festival will be held Sept. 7. The Department of Game and Fish will have a fishing pond, archery range, poach coach and wildlife identification information on site. No fee or registration is required to attend this event. However, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will be offering free guided wildlife tours. Reservations are required for these tours. See the link below for more information.