2020–21 License Year begins. 2019–20 licenses no longer valid.
Failure to report for these species by this date will result in rejection of all applications. An $8 late fee applies after April 7, 2020. Remember to keep your confirmation number.
- Southwest: May 20 at 10 a.m.
- Central: May 20 at 1 p.m.
- Northwest: May 21 at 2 p.m.
- Northeast: May 27 at 10 a.m.
- Southeast: May 27 at 1 p.m.
This workshop is required to become a certified bowhunter education instructor and will certify the instructor to teach both the Traditional and the Field Day Bowhunter Education student courses. All participants must register prior to attending.
Interested applicants need to first become certified Game and Fish volunteers. Below are the steps to become a certified volunteer:
1. Create a Customer Identification Account (CIN) with the Department at https://onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us/
2. Fill out a volunteer application at https://new-mexico.volunteers.kalkomey.com/
3.Once the application is approved, certified volunteers can sign up for the bowhunter education instructor workshop by contacting the Hunter Education Staff
Application open June 17, deadline July 22.
June 24 – residents
June 25- nonresidents
July 15 (deadline is August 19)