Dates and locations:
- Southwest: 10 a.m. May 15, Gila National Forest office, 3005 E. Camino del Bosque, Silver City.
- Southeast: 9 a.m. May 17, Central Valley Electric Cooperative, 1403 N. 13th Street, Artesia.
- Central: 9 a.m. May 18, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish office, 3841 Midway Place N.E., ABQ.
- Northwest: 9 a.m. May 22, Carson National Forest office, 1110 Rio Vista Lane, Unit #2, Bloomfield.
- Northeast: 9 a.m. May 25, Santa Fe National Forest office, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe.
For complete details see the following news release: Citizen advisory committees to meet to recommend Habitat Stamp projects
• Meet your local Game Wardens.
• Learn to shoot a bow safely and accurately. (Archery range and equipment will be provided)
• Improve your fishing skills – 11 years and younger.(some fishing equipment will be provided)
• Wildlife displays and information. Learn about the habitat and behavior of New Mexico’s wildlife.
• Bring your fishing gear, sunscreen, a hat, water and food! It’s a great location for a family picnic.
Free Youth Event – Flier: Harris Kids Pond: Family Outdoor Day
Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. Fishing Derby from 8:00 a.m. to Noon.
Fun times for the whole family! Free t-shirt and goodie bag for the first 200 kids! With prizes for largest fish, smallest fish, and many random drawings. Also archery, indoor pellet gun range, OHV simulator, and games. Hotdogs (while supplies last) at 11 a.m.
For more information call Game & Fish at 575-624-6135 or Officer Tyson Sanders at 575-840-7483Outdoor Adventure Day at the Zoo: Flier