Dates and locations:
- Southwest: 10 a.m. May 15, Gila National Forest office, 3005 E. Camino del Bosque, Silver City.
- Southeast: 9 a.m. May 17, Central Valley Electric Cooperative, 1403 N. 13th Street, Artesia.
- Central: 9 a.m. May 18, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish office, 3841 Midway Place N.E., ABQ.
- Northwest: 9 a.m. May 22, Carson National Forest office, 1110 Rio Vista Lane, Unit #2, Bloomfield.
- Northeast: 9 a.m. May 25, Santa Fe National Forest office, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe.
For complete details see the following news release: Citizen advisory committees to meet to recommend Habitat Stamp projects
Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. Fishing Derby from 8:00 a.m. to Noon.
Fun times for the whole family! Free t-shirt and goodie bag for the first 200 kids! With prizes for largest fish, smallest fish, and many random drawings. Also archery, indoor pellet gun range, OHV simulator, and games. Hotdogs (while supplies last) at 11 a.m.
For more information call Game & Fish at 575-624-6135 or Officer Tyson Sanders at 575-840-7483Outdoor Adventure Day at the Zoo: Flier
Day 1: Aug. 19, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Day 2: Aug. 20, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Free events include catfish pond, firearm and archery target shooting, spin casting, fly tying, climbing wall, kayak instruction, exhibits and much more. Learn from experts how to improve your fishing, shooting and outdoor skills. Keep the dates open and watch for more information: www.wildlife.state.nm.us.