For information, please contact the Department toll-free, (888) 248-6866.
Train for approximately one year to become a commissioned Conservation Officer (Fish and Game Warden) for the State of New Mexico. The training and law enforcement assistance provided is specific to managing the wildlife resources of the State. For more information visit the Careers in Enforcement page.
The 17th annual Dragonfly Festival at Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge, just outside of Roswell. Visit for the poach coach, archery, and the catfish pool setup for fishing. Click the link for more details:
The community of The Glenwood, New Mexico invites you to an 80th Anniversary Celebration and free* Fall Fishing and Outdoor Education Fiesta for the Glenwood Fish Hatchery.
- Free fishing 17 years and younger (*Fishing license required for anglers 18 years and older)
- Off-highway vehicle safety training
- Archery and atlatl ranges
- Spin -casting games
- Wildlife skins & skulls
- Hatchery history and tours
- Bird-watching walks
- Door prizes, hot dogs and cold drinks