Deadline to submit 2016–2017 harvest reports for Barbary sheep, ibex, javelina, oryx and trapping license holders to be eligible for big-game licenses. Results can be reported online or by telephone.
Failure to report harvest results for these species by this date will result in rejection of all applications.
Dates and locations:
- Southwest: 10 a.m. May 15, Gila National Forest office, 3005 E. Camino del Bosque, Silver City.
- Southeast: 9 a.m. May 17, Central Valley Electric Cooperative, 1403 N. 13th Street, Artesia.
- Central: 9 a.m. May 18, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish office, 3841 Midway Place N.E., ABQ.
- Northwest: 9 a.m. May 22, Carson National Forest office, 1110 Rio Vista Lane, Unit #2, Bloomfield.
- Northeast: 9 a.m. May 25, Santa Fe National Forest office, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe.
For complete details see the following news release: Citizen advisory committees to meet to recommend Habitat Stamp projects
Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. Fishing Derby from 8:00 a.m. to Noon.
Fun times for the whole family! Free t-shirt and goodie bag for the first 200 kids! With prizes for largest fish, smallest fish, and many random drawings. Also archery, indoor pellet gun range, OHV simulator, and games. Hotdogs (while supplies last) at 11 a.m.
For more information call Game & Fish at 575-624-6135 or Officer Tyson Sanders at 575-840-7483Outdoor Adventure Day at the Zoo: Flier
All students must pre-register prior to class.
Click OHV Safety Class Pre-registration Instructions for instructions to pre-register for a hands-on class.
Online training is also available that provides the required safety permit after completion (see Safety and Training: Online Training tab).
New Mexico law requires anyone younger than 18 to obtain a safety permit prior to operating an OHV on public lands. The Department offers free hands-on ATV or dirt bike training that provides a safety permit after completion. Students must provide a properly registered OHV and all necessary safety equipment.