River Source will work students to participate in a fishing day at Battleship Rock for approximately 23 students (Bosque School 7th grade). Staffing is provided by Department contractor, Richard Schrader and Carlos Herrera. The event will also include fisheries monitoring on the Jemez River. This is event is not open to the public and is just for the students.
- Raton NMDGF Office, 215 York Canyon Road Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:30-8:00pm
- Albuquerque NMDGF Office, 7816 Alamo Road NW Thursday, February 27, 2020, 6:30-8:00pm
- Santa Fe Santa Fe Higher Education Center, 1950 Siringo Road, Tuesday, March 3, 2020 6:30-8:00pm
- Las Cruces NMDGF Office, 2715 Northside Drive Tuesday, March 10, 2020 6:30-8:00pm
- Postponed Roswell NMDGF Office, 1615 West College Boulevard, Thursday, March 12, 2020 6:30-8:00pm
- Postponed Taos Sagebrush Inn, 1508 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur
Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 6:30-8:00pm
Thank you for your interest.
The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish has scheduled statewide Habitat Stamp Program Citizens Advisory Committee virtual meetings (read more) for 2020. Citizen advisors will prioritize proposed Habitat Stamp projects for the next fiscal year. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend the following regional Citizen Advisory Committee virtual meetings:
- Southwest: May 20 at 10 a.m.
- Central: May 20 at 1 p.m.
- Northwest: May 21 at 2 p.m.
- Northeast: May 27 at 10 a.m.
- Southeast: May 27 at 1 p.m.
This workshop is required to become a certified bowhunter education instructor and will certify the instructor to teach both the Traditional and the Field Day Bowhunter Education student courses. All participants must register prior to attending.
Interested applicants need to first become certified Game and Fish volunteers. Below are the steps to become a certified volunteer:
1. Create a Customer Identification Account (CIN) with the Department at https://onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us/
2. Fill out a volunteer application at https://new-mexico.volunteers.kalkomey.com/
3.Once the application is approved, certified volunteers can sign up for the bowhunter education instructor workshop by contacting the Hunter Education Staff