- Southwest: May 20 at 10 a.m.
- Central: May 20 at 1 p.m.
- Northwest: May 21 at 2 p.m.
- Northeast: May 27 at 10 a.m.
- Southeast: May 27 at 1 p.m.
This workshop is required to become a certified bowhunter education instructor and will certify the instructor to teach both the Traditional and the Field Day Bowhunter Education student courses. All participants must register prior to attending.
Interested applicants need to first become certified Game and Fish volunteers. Below are the steps to become a certified volunteer:
1. Create a Customer Identification Account (CIN) with the Department at https://onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us/
2. Fill out a volunteer application at https://new-mexico.volunteers.kalkomey.com/
3.Once the application is approved, certified volunteers can sign up for the bowhunter education instructor workshop by contacting the Hunter Education Staff
River Source will work with students to participate in a fishing day at Tingley Ponds for approximately 43 students (Rio Rancho High). Staffing is provided by Department contractor, Richard Schrader and Carlos Herrera. The event will also include fisheries monitoring on the Rio Grande and the Ponds. This event is just for students and not open to the public.