Migratory Game Bird Maps
Notice 02-01-2019: Bernardo Free Light Goose Conservation Order Permit Holders
Unit D Ponds on Bernardo WMA have no water and are dry due to MRGCD construction project.
Click below to download PDF version of map:
- Bernardo and La Joya Wildlife Management Areas (Notice 2-1-2019)
- Bernardo Ponds, Quagmire and Youth Hunt Unit (Notice 2-1-2019)
- La Joya North and South Units
- Lower Rio Grande
- Lower Rio Grande 1
- Lower Rio Grande 2
- Lower Rio Grande 3
- Lower Rio Grande 4
- Lower Rio Grande 5
- Lower Rio Grande 6
- Quagmire Bernardo Ponds
- Sandhill Crane Check Station Bernardo
- Sandhill Crane Check Station Estancia Valley
- Sandhill Crane Hunt EV
- Sandhill Crane Hunt SW
National Parks and Monuments
National Wildlife Refuges
Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)
Native American Tribal Lands
McGregor Range in Unit 28
Jornada Experimental Station
Chihuahuan Desert Research Center
Rio Grande Gorge
Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District
Portions Rio Grande, Valencia County
Lower Rio Grande Valley
New Mexico State Parks
- 1. Bluewater, Caballo, El Vado, Heron, Conchas, Ute, Elephant Butte and Sumner Lake State Parks: Open for common snipe, sora, Virginia rail and waterfowl.
- Navajo Lake State Park: Open for common snipe, sora, Virginia rail and waterfowl. Closed areas: Navajo Dam stilling basin which includes the area from the crest of the bluff above the north bank of the San Juan River to N.M. Hwy. 511 on the south side of the river for 1/4 mile downstream from the dam; Cottonwood Campground and Day Use Area from the lower boundary of the Quality Waters to a fence 1/4 mile downstream from the Cottonwood Day Use Area; Pine and Sims Mesa Recreation Area; and Navajo Reservoir Recreation Area south end.
- Rio Grande Valley State Park: Closed to all hunting (no designated areas).
Areas Owned/Managed by NMSGC
- The W.S. Huey Management Area is open for dove hunting on Monday, Wednesday and Satur-day during established seasons.
- Socorro-Escondida Wildlife Management Area is open for migratory game bird hunting during established seasons.
- All Prairie Chicken Conservation Areas are open for dove hunting during established seasons.
- Sandhill Prairie Conservation Area is open for dove during established seasons.
- Bernardo Wildlife Management Area is open for September teal and other migratory game bird hunting. For area and species restrictions see pages 10–11.
- La Joya Wildlife Management area is open for dove, September teal and other migratory game bird hunting. For area and species restrictions see pages 10–11.
- Wildlife Management Areas open for dove and band-tailed pigeon hunting include: Sargent, Humphries, Rio Chama, Urraca, Colin Neblett, Water Canyon, Marquez and E.S. Barker.
- Hammond Tract WMA and Retherford Tract WMA are open for waterfowl hunting during established seasons.
Private Property: Criminal Trespass
Local, county and federal access restrictions also may apply.