New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Public contact, Information Center: (888) 248-6866
Media contact, Tristanna Bickford: (505) 476-8027


Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Applications Now Available

SANTA FE – Federal, state and local government agencies as well as not-for-profit organizations can apply for Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) grants to enhance recreational use of side-by-sides, ATVs, motorcycles and snowmobiles on public lands. Law enforcement agencies can apply for grants to conduct OHV patrols and enforce the provisions of the OHV Act (66-3-1001 NMSA). Projects promoting OHV safety or mitigating impacts from OHV use may also qualify for grants.

Funds for these grants are user-generated revenues from OHV registrations, collected in the state’s Trail Safety Fund and administered by the department.

Grant application forms and information can be downloaded from the OHV program website. Applications must be mailed and postmarked no later than Sunday, March 31 or hand-delivered to the department’s Albuquerque office, located at 7816 Alamo Road NW, no later than Friday, March 29, before 5 p.m. Applications received by fax or email will not be considered.

For further information, please contact the OHV program manager, Matt Seidel, by phone at (505) 222-4728 or via email at