Open Gate Property 121 (Roswell, NM)
Open Gate is a program that leases private lands to improve public access for hunting, fishing, and trapping. Open Gate leases are funded exclusively by hunters, anglers, and trappers through the purchase of the Habitat Management & Access Validation: HMAV.
Information: Open Gate funds are used to pay an access fee to the landowner for granting right of way passage across the landowner’s property to provide hunters, anglers, and trappers with better access to Federal and State Trust lands.
Purpose: The purpose of this lease is to provide access to properly licensed and license-exempt sportspersons through the property owned by the landowner.
Permitted Activities: Properly-licensed sportspersons may travel across the landowner’s property on designated roads for entering and exiting legally-accessible State and/or Federal lands during the dates specified in the lease agreement between the Department of Game and Fish and the landowner. Access to the property is subject to the terms and conditions in the Open Gate lease agreement and is restricted to the following permitted activities:
|Permitted Activity||Available Dates||Remarks|
|Properly licensed sportspersons may travel across the property on designated roadways connecting to legally-accessible State and/or Federal lands.||Aug. 1, 2017 –
Mar. 31, 2018
(Closed April 1- July 31)
|Game in the area may include dove, deer, quail, javelina, pronghorn antelope, and furbearers. Rabbits and coyotes may also be present.|
Property Rules: The following rules will be posted on this property and enforced at the discretion of the Department of Game and Fish.
- Use of the Open Gate Property is restricted to public travel on the roads and trails designated for entering and exiting legally-accessible State Trust, Federal, and/or State Game Commission-owned lands for recreational purposes.
- No trespassing unless you are a properly licensed sportsperson, are accompanied by a properly licensed sportsperson or are license-exempt.
- Hunting, fishing, trapping, camping, and trespassing for any other purpose is prohibited on private lands without permission or consent from the landowner.
- No destructive acts, including: vandalism, graffiti, theft, removal or defacing of natural features, resources or signs.
- No littering.
- Access allowed from August 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016.
Rate this Property
NMDGF wants your feedback to ensure that this property is providing an enjoyable outdoor experience. Please take a moment to anonymously rate this property. We know your experience can differ each time you go afield, so be sure to provide a separate review each time you visit this Open Gate property.
Quick Tip: After future visits you can quickly provide a review by clicking the Rate a Property tab on the Open Gate homepage.
We appreciate your assistance!