Open Gate Property 145 (Mayhill, NM)
Open Gate is a program that leases private lands to improve public access for hunting, fishing, and trapping. Open Gate leases are funded exclusively by hunters, anglers, and trappers through the purchase of the Habitat Management & Access Validation: HMAV.
Directions: Using this Google Map you may create your own custom driving directions to the property. The directions provided by Google are for planning purposes only. Travel conditions may vary, please plan accordingly.
Information: Open Gate funds are used to compensate landowner for public fishing access to 1.25 miles of shoreline along the Rio Penasco.
Purpose: The purpose of this lease is to provide access to properly licensed and license-exempt anglers on or through the property owned by the landowner.
Permitted Activities: Fishing is only permitted on this property during the seasons and dates specified in the Open Gate lease agreement between the Department of Game and Fish and the landowner. Access to the property is subject to the terms and conditions in the Open Gate lease agreement and is restricted to the following permitted activities:
|Permitted Activity||Available Dates||Remarks|
|Fishing||Open year round.||Anglers 11 years of age and younger are not required to hold a fishing license. You may fish without a license on free fishing days.
See property rules for special use restrictions.
Property Rules: The following rules will be posted on this property and enforced at the discretion of the Department of Game and Fish.
- Use of this Open Gate property is restricted to properly licensed sportspersons for the following activities: Fishing.
- No trespassing unless you are a properly licensed sportsperson, are accompanied by a properly licensed sportsperson or are license-exempt.
- Each properly licensed sportsperson or license-exempt person is allowed to be accompanied by no more than two guests.
- Artificial fly or lure with a single, barbless hook only.
- Bag limit of 2 rainbow trout of any length per day.
- Catch and release only allowed for all brown trout.
- No motor vehicle travel off designated roads or on closed roads.
- No destructive acts, including vandalism, graffiti, theft, removal or defacing natural features, resources or signs
- No consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- No camping.
- No fires.
- No littering
- Access allowed from sunrise to sunset.
Rate this Property
NMDGF wants your feedback to ensure that this property is providing an enjoyable outdoor experience. Please take a moment to anonymously rate this property. We know your experience can differ each time you go afield, so be sure to provide a separate review each time you visit this Open Gate property.
Quick Tip: After future visits you can quickly provide a review by clicking the Rate a Property tab on the Open Gate homepage.
We appreciate your assistance!