PLAN YOUR HUNTS: 2013-2014 HUNTING RULES AVAILABLE ONLINE
SANTA FE – The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish 2013 big-game and turkey application process goes live Jan. 9, 2013. The new Hunting Rules and Information booklet is available on the department website. Printed versions are expected to be available at license vendors and Game and Fish offices across the state in late January.
New information for 2013-2014 hunting season includes:
• The deadline to apply for bear and turkey hunting permits, including those valid on Wildlife Management Areas (WMA), is 5 p.m. Feb. 6.
• March 20 at 5 p.m. is the deadline to apply for public deer, elk, oryx, pronghorn antelope, ibex, Barbary sheep, javelina and bighorn sheep licenses.
• Hunters can pay for multiple applications at one time utilizing the shopping cart concept. Hunters will only have to submit their credit card information one time.
• License information and purchases are available by telephone toll-free 1-888-248-6866. The Department’s Information Center is open Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 9 –Feb. 14. The hours will be extended from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. beginning Feb. 15. The Information Center also will be open noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays beginning Feb. 16.
• Beginning April 1, licenses and permits can be printed on standard paper at home or on any other standard printer.
• All hunters applying for draw hunts and every student registering for a hunter or bowhunter education class, must obtain a personal Customer Identification Number (CIN). CINs are free of charge and available online at www.wildlife.state.nm.us.