MEETINGS WILL ADDRESS PROPOSED HUNTING RULES FOR BEARS, COUGARS, ANTELOPE
The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is conducting public meetings and requesting comments on hunting and licensing rules for bears, cougars, antelope and deer that will be presented to the State Game Commission this year.
The proposed rules are available for review on the Department Web site, www.wildlife.state.nm.us. Pronghorn, bear and cougar management will be discussed at public meetings statewide before final recommendations are presented to the Game Commission on Aug. 28. To review proposals for cougar, bear and deer hunting, and proposed changes to the Antelope Public Lands Use System, please visit the Department Web site under the “Issues and Answers” tab.
Comments can be mailed to New Mexico Department of Game and Fish, Wildlife Management Division, P.O. Box 25112, Santa Fe, NM 87504; or e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Aug. 3: Tierra Amarilla, Rio Arriba County Complex, Building 149, Commission Chambers, N.M. 531 and N.M. 162, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Aug. 4: Farmington, Farmington Civic Center, 200 W. Arrington St., 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Aug. 4: Estancia, Torrance County Administrative Building, Commission Room, 205 Ninth St, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Aug. 5: Albuquerque, Department of Game and Fish office, 3841 Midway Place NE, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Aug. 3: Raton, Department of Game and Fish office, 215 York Canyon Road, 6-9 p.m.
- Aug. 5: Clayton, National Guard Armory, 323 S. Third St., 6-9 p.m.
- Aug. 10: Roy, Harding County Community Center, 557 Wagon Mound Highway, 6-9 p.m.
- Aug. 12: Taos, Juan Gonzales Agricultural Center, 202 Chamisa Road, 6-9 p.m.
- Aug. 17: Tucumcari, Convention Center, Liberty Room, 1500 W. Route 66 Blvd., 6-9 p.m.
- Aug. 19: Las Vegas, Highlands University, Leveo Sanchez Lecture Hall, 6-9 p.m.
- Aug. 14: Las Cruces, Department of Game and Fish office, 2715 Northrise Dr., 1-4 p.m.
- Aug. 16: Silver City, Grant County Business & Conference Center (old Wal-Mart), U.S. 180 and 32nd St., 6-9 p.m.
- Aug. 17: Socorro, City Council Chambers, 111 School of Mines Road, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Aug. 2: Carlsbad, U.S. Bureau of Land Management office, 620 Greene St., 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Aug. 3: Ruidoso, U.S. Forest Service district office, 901 Mechem, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Aug. 5: Roswell, Department of Game and Fish office, 1912 W. Second St., 5:30-7:30 p.m.