New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Public contact, Information Center: (888) 248-6866
Media contact: Dan Williams: (505) 476-8004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, OCT. 11, 2017:
Public meetings will address trespassing on private land
ALAMOGORDO – Representatives of the Department of Game and Fish and the 12th Judicial District Attorney’s Office serving Otero and Lincoln counties will conduct public meetings Oct. 16-17 to address trespassing on private lands and the obligations of landowners, hunters and anglers.
District Attorney John Sugg and department conservation officers will discuss various issues regarding trespass laws, including sign posting requirements, written permission to use private lands for hunting and fishing, and possible penalties for violations.
Meeting times and sites:
- Corona: 9 to 11 a.m., Corona Senior Center, 451 Main St.
- Capitan: 1 to 3 p.m., Capitan Senior Center, 115 Tiger Drive.
- Hondo: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Hondo High School, 111 Don Pablo Lane.
- Alamogordo: 9 to 11 a.m., Otero County Sheriff’s Office, 3208 N. White Sands Blvd.
- Mayhill: 1 to 3 p.m., Mayhill Fire Department, 11 Civic Center Drive.
- Pinon: 4:30 to 6 p.m., Pinon Community Club, 2337 N.M. 24.
For more information about the meetings, please contact Sgt. Jason Kline, (575) 973-0233.