Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Board
The New Mexico OHV Safety Board was established under the original 2005 Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Act and given advisory status in 2009 to advise the department on matters related to administration of the Act. The board consists of the following seven members appointed by the governor to two-year terms:
- One landowner living near a national forest or bureau of land management property that is used extensively for recreational off-highway vehicle activity;
- One producer or one grazing permittee on public lands from the farming or livestock industry;
- One person from the off-highway motor vehicle industry;
- One off-highway motor vehicle user;
- One hunter or angler;
- One quiet recreationalist, such as a hiker, backpacker, birdwatcher, equestrian, mountain biker, rock climber or archaeological enthusiast; and
- One member with expertise in injury prevention or treatment.
The Office of the Governor’s OHV Advisory Board web page is here: http://www.governor.state.nm.us/Motor_Vehicle.aspx
Members of the board shall be entitled to reimbursement pursuant to the Per Diem and Mileage Act.
Any vacancy shall be filled by appointment of the governor for the remainder of the unexpired term.
To apply for a vacancy on the OHV Advisory Board, click here: http://www.governor.state.nm.us/ApplyForBoards.aspx
Advisory Board Meetings
Check back for updates.
Meeting Documents Archive