New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Public contact, Information Center: (888) 248-6866
Media contact, Tristanna Bickford: (505) 476-8027
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, November 2, 2020:
Public Meeting to Gather Public Comment on Proposed Revisions to the Habitat Stamp Program
SANTA FE – The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish has scheduled a public meeting in order to seek public comment on proposed revisions to the Public Land User Stamp Rule 19.34.6 NMAC (Habitat Stamp Program Rule). A short presentation providing information about the Habitat Stamp Program and details of the proposed revisions will be followed by a Q & A session where members of the public are encouraged to ask questions. Members of the public are invited to attend the virtual meeting 6 p.m., Nov. 5 in order to become familiar with the program and the proposed revisions.
Summary of Proposed Changes:
- Renew Program for 10 additional years (through March 2031)
- Update planning efforts to align with current interagency coordination efforts
- Require that 50% of Habitat Stamp expenditures benefit fish
- Adjust from five (5) Citizen Advisory Committees to one (1) Citizen Advisory Committee with a statewide jurisdiction
- Increase the Habitat Stamp fee from $5 to $10
Information about how to attend and participate in this meeting will be available on the NMDGF webpage, http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/commission/proposals-under-consideration/. A copy of the presentation and a summary of the proposed changes are also available on this webpage.
Comments on the proposed changes can be provided by mail: New Mexico Department of Game and Fish, Attn: Habitat Stamp Rule Development, P.O. Box 25112, Santa Fe, NM 87504; or by email, email@example.com.