New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Media contact: Karl Moffatt, (505) 476-8007
Public contact: (888) 248-6866
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, APRIL 29, 2015:
PUBLIC MEETINGS SCHEDULED FOR BEAR AND COUGAR HUNTING RULES
SANTA FE – The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is conducting statewide public meetings about proposed changes to bear and cougar hunting rules.
The department reviews rules for hunting bears and cougars every four years and encourages public involvement as the State Game Commission considers new regulations.
- Las Cruces: 6 p.m. May 4, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish, Southwest Area Office, 2715 Northrise Drive, Las Cruces.
- Albuquerque: 6 p.m. May 5, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish, Northwest Area Office, 3841 Midway Place NE, Albuquerque.
- Ruidoso: 6 p.m. May 27, U.S. Forest Service Fire Control Bldg., 901 Mechem Drive, Ruidoso.
- Silver City: 6 p.m. May 28, Grant County Administration Center, County Commissioner Meeting Room, 1400 Highway 180 East, Silver City.
- Raton: 6 p.m. June 1, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish, Northeast Area Office, 215 York Canyon Road, Raton.
Proposed changes to the rules are available for public review and comment. The State Game Commission, when finalizing the rules later this year, will consider all public comments, harvest and survey data, biological information about population sustainability, and management goals.