The New Mexico Bass Challenge: Catch the four bass species listed below that are found in and inhabit lakes within New Mexico (Spotted Bass, White Bass, Largemouth Bass and Smallmouth Bass).
Anglers who complete the challenge in New Mexico waters will be eligible to receive a special reward and be included in the online records of successful New Mexico Bass Challenge Anglers.
1. There is no fee or pre-registration required for this program.
2. There is no time limit on completing the challenge.
3. The challenge is open to anyone, including residents and non-residents.
4. Catch and Release is encouraged in this challenge.
5. Class A lakes and other waters that are privately stocked are excluded from this
6. No Bass caught prior to September 16, 2020, the start date of this challenge,
can be used as a part of this challenge.
7. Participants are not limited to the number of challenges they complete each
8. All anglers participating in this challenge are required to obtain a Customer
Identification Number (CIN).
9. All anglers participating in the New Mexico Bass Challenge must have a valid
New Mexico fishing license and abide by all rules and regulations for waters in
which they are fishing. Licenses are not required for New Mexico resident and
nonresident anglers 11 years of age or younger.
10. Anglers submitting a catch for this challenge can do so by emailing them to
email@example.com. Anglers must submit all catches at once they have completed the challenge. All submissions must include the following information:
a. The angler’s current New Mexico fishing license number. Licenses are not required for New Mexico resident and non-resident anglers 11 years of age or younger.
b. The angler’s Customer Identification Number (CIN). This is required of all participants in the challenge.
c. What body of water the fish was caught in.
d. A photo of the fish. These photos will become the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish’s property to share on social media, promoting fishing in the state of New Mexico, the New Mexico Bass Challenge, and any other agency publications.
11. Anglers who don’t have access to email can mail them to DGF Fishing Challenges, 1615 W. College Boulevard, Roswell, NM 88201.
12. Upon verification of achievement of the New Mexico Bass Challenge by department staff, the angler will be provided with:
a. A certification of achievement.
b. A New Mexico Bass Challenge coin to advertise their brag-worthy achievement.
c. Their name added to the NM Bass Challenge Hall of Fame.
Complete List of Official Rules