Dates and locations:
- Southwest: 10 a.m. May 15, Gila National Forest office, 3005 E. Camino del Bosque, Silver City.
- Southeast: 9 a.m. May 17, Central Valley Electric Cooperative, 1403 N. 13th Street, Artesia.
- Central: 9 a.m. May 18, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish office, 3841 Midway Place N.E., ABQ.
- Northwest: 9 a.m. May 22, Carson National Forest office, 1110 Rio Vista Lane, Unit #2, Bloomfield.
- Northeast: 9 a.m. May 25, Santa Fe National Forest office, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe.
For complete details see the following news release: Citizen advisory committees to meet to recommend Habitat Stamp projects
Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. Fishing Derby from 8:00 a.m. to Noon.
Fun times for the whole family! Free t-shirt and goodie bag for the first 200 kids! With prizes for largest fish, smallest fish, and many random drawings. Also archery, indoor pellet gun range, OHV simulator, and games. Hotdogs (while supplies last) at 11 a.m.
For more information call Game & Fish at 575-624-6135 or Officer Tyson Sanders at 575-840-7483Outdoor Adventure Day at the Zoo: Flier
This position will train for approximately one (1) year to become a commissioned Conservation Officer for the State of New Mexico. The training and law enforcement assistance provided is specific to managing the wildlife resources of the state. The incumbent must become a New Mexico certified peace officer by successful completion of the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy and New Mexico Department of Game and Fish Recruit Training Program, plus field training in wildlife law enforcement, wildlife complaints, wildlife and fisheries management activities, hunter education instruction and appropriately interact with the public.
Apply Online: New Recruit-Game & Fish Warden-B (DGF#40869)
Salary: $26,228.80 – $45,656.00 Annually
Opening date: 8/18/2017
Closing date: Continuous
Location: Santa Fe (City), New Mexico
Day 1: Aug. 19, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Day 2: Aug. 20, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Free events include catfish pond, firearm and archery target shooting, spin casting, fly tying, climbing wall, kayak instruction, exhibits and much more. Learn from experts how to improve your fishing, shooting and outdoor skills. Keep the dates open and watch for more information: www.wildlife.state.nm.us.