Event Dates Announced:
Day 1: Feb 15 @ 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Day 2: Feb 16 @ 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Day 3: Feb 17 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Free admission for licensed New Mexico hunters and anglers. Youths 17 and younger free. Non-licensed adults $3.00.
- Hands-on demonstrations of the latest equipment for hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation.
- Free fishing derby held daily.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse Outdoor Skills Room with fly-casting and fishing instruction, archery, pellet gun and OHV simulator.
- Latest OHVs, RVs, Boats, Kayaks on display by local dealers.
- Conservation organizations, outfitters and guides available to answer questions.
Join the Sandia Mountain Bear Collaborative for this festive event which will feature lectures on living with Bears, and Bear behavior. Children’s events and booths about wildlife from local organizations will be there!
All students must pre-register prior to class.
Click OHV Safety Class Pre-registration Instructions for instructions to pre-register for a hands-on class.
Online training is also available that provides the required safety permit after completion (see Safety and Training: Online Training tab).
New Mexico law requires anyone younger than 18 to obtain a safety permit prior to operating an OHV on public lands. The Department offers free hands-on ATV or off-highway motorcycle (OHM) training that provides a safety permit after completion. Students must use a properly registered OHV and all necessary safety equipment. Training machines and safety equipment (helmets, eye protection, boots, and gloves) are available to pre-registered students by reservation.